Monday, August 4, 2008

All things new

A new week is about to begin and we have a new team who arrived today fresh from Northern Ireland. There are 6 of them and they're staying for about 12 days. I think they're going to really enjoy themselves. They all seem open, lovely, friendly and up for it: all good characteristics to survive a 12 day mission.

I came to Ibiza in 2004 for the first time on a 24-7 Prayer mission team. I loved it soo much. I then came back the following 3 summers, and now i live here, so i know what they're about to experience, and i'm sure they'll have such an amazing time.

I did the team briefing today. Was a little nervous, but think it went well. Told them about who we are and what we do. I've heard Brian Heasley do it countless times, and have taken copious amounts of notes too, so i felt well prepared. I even threw the odd joke in too, just to lighten the tone.

Once the team got to their hotel, we had a huge Sunday roast, and had 3 friends come along too. They all work in San An and i think they well loved getting a proper feed. It was a lovely end to the day. We swam, we ate, we laughed.

Love it!

No comments: