Friday, September 12, 2008

Manumission

'Manumission is a latin word meaning freedom from slavey. The idea is anyone in Manumission is free to do or be whatever they choose as long as it does not harm anyone else.

Manumission is the party we throw in IBIZA

Each year we reinvent ourselves with the creation of a new concept. These concepts are a reflection of how we are feeling & our reaction to what is going on in the world we live in.'

Those words are on the Manumission website, and i didn't realise that Manumission stood for that. I have never been to one of their parties, as the promotors Mike and Claire have often had live sex shows on stage in front of everyone, and it's not really the kind of thing i'm into. Apparently they have really tamed the show quite considerably, and so i go along tonight with both a little fear but alot of excitment.

There's loads of things i'm looking forward to tonight - but most of all, hanging out with Tracy, Helen, Michael and loads of the PRs who'll be going along too! I wonder what the show will be like? What will the promotors message be to everyone? How will they express their freedom?

I love the thought of being free...to be myself around people. Free from the things that trap me and enslave me. Free to dance and not care what those around me think. I love this quote that i've heard many times: "Love as if you have never been hurt. Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. And live everyday as if it were your last." Awesome quote.



No comments: