Monday, November 16, 2009

Elderly Prayers

I've been wondering recently at why it seems, in my opinion, that all the really amazing prayer warriors are the elderly? How many times have you heard it said...'Old people are amazing at praying, really faithful. They have all the time in the world to pray, so let's get them on board.'

I've heard that many times, and sad to say that i've used that line myself too during the run up to some important work or event.

But i wonder what we can learn from the older, more wiser generation of prayer warriors? What drives them? What motivates them? Does prayer become easier as you get older? Are they answered quicker?

I just sense the call to prayer even deeper...I think i'd like to 'get on it' in prayer NOW, rather than when i'm 70!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never understood this but I know exactly what you mean.