Thursday, October 23, 2008

A little adventure...

All 6 of us who live and work for 24-7 Ibiza are going on a little adventure...

Tonight we fly to England and stay just one night in Essex with friends before heading to Belfast for a long weekend. We are running a 24-7 Ibiza day on the Saturday, hosting seminars and sharing stories of what we're doing and how we're doing it. Myself and Helen are running a 'Clubbing and Prayer' seminar, and i am well excited about that. I'll blog about how that goes.

I'm speaking at a youth event on Sunday night called 'Resonate'. I'm really looking forward to this, although slightly nervous as it's been a while since I've 'preached' to a large group. Gulp! I hope that what i have to say will really impact the young people that'll be attending. At least there'll be many familiar faces in the crowd. My friend Nick told me to use humour, and if that doesn't work i should whip out my extremely short shorts that i own. I'm seriously considering having them on underneath my trousers, like a back-up plan. Hopefully it won't come to that!

We'll then have time to check out a few sights before flying back to England and staying in the Thurrock region of Essex at a 24-7 Prayer Boiler Room community. Next Wednesday we have a fundraising meal where we'll be auctioning various items to help raise money for our work out here in Ibiza. It's all going to be loads of fun and I'm happy to be enjoying this adventure with Helen and The Heasleys. Dan, Ellis and I have already chosen our top trumps for the journey: Man Utd; Fast Cars and Lord of the Rings. The only one missing is Fighter Planes, but we'll have to make do without.

No comments: