Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Alpha Course



Christianity: Boring, Untrue, and Irrelevant?

What would your answer be?

I think The Alpha Course is such an excellent introduction into the Christian faith. It's intention is to allow people to learn more about Christianity in a non-threatening environment. Each week you listen to someone talk about various different topics.

I went on an Alpha course once when i was about 19, accompanying my big Sister. But now I've just completed Week 2 of helping to run an Alpha Course that the Anglican Church began. It's been such a breath of fresh air for me, helping breath life into my own faith and the questions that surround it. I'm helping lead the discussions for a small group of young people and they have some great thoughts and questions. So far we've discussed 'Who is Jesus?' and 'Why did Jesus Die?' Am really loving being involved in this.

No comments: