Wednesday, September 30, 2009

24-7 Euro Gathering in Amsterdam

This weekend I'll be in Amsterdam for the annual 24-7 Prayer Gathering. I'm well looking forward to being there and seeing lots of friends and hearing some great talks and hopefully being encouraged. Am feeling really knackered after a busy summer season and i hope to enter a time of rest; rest for my soul. I read in Matthew 11 about Jesus giving rest for the soul. The Message puts it in such a beautiful way: 'Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest...learn the unforced rhythms of grace.' Wow!

The theme for this year is taken from Phillipians 4: ‘Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead. I press on towards the goal to win the prize for which God has called us heavenward in Christ Jesus.' I love this bit of scripture so so much, and can't wait to hear more.

No comments: