Friday, March 26, 2010

God's Power is just awesome!

How often do you read the stories found in the Bible - in the Gospels and in Acts and are blown away at how God's power totally transformed people's lives? I mean, when I read some of what Jesus or the disciples did I am flabbergasted at just the way God's Kingdom really did break in and arrive, with such power. Jesus never just used persuasive words, but always gave a demonstration of His father's power.

Check this passage of Scripture found in 1 Corinthians 2:1-5

"When I came to you, brothers, I did not come with eloquence or superior wisdom as I proclaimed to you the testimony about God. For I resolved to know nothing while I was with you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. I came to you in weakness and fear, and with much trembling. My message and my preaching were not with wise and persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit's power, so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."

The last few days we've had some amazing times of prayer. We're basically calling on God to pour out his power here in Ibiza. Today I prayed for God to really demonstrate his power through us. I'm hungry to see miracles and healings take place out on the streets and have insights into people's lives that I could not have other than God's Spirit revealing it.

Our message this summer isn't just about 'Repentance'. Yes, that's important – the need to be in right standing before God. But our message this summer will be coupled with powerful actions too. So many times I've been having great chats to some random person and it just ends up with me not knowing where to take the conversation. I really hope that this summer I rely on God's amazing power and just get praying for it for people.

Bring it on!

No comments: