Sunday, October 19, 2008

Trip to England and Northern Ireland

On Thursday, all 6 of us will be making a trip to England and Ireland for a small break. We decided that it would be a nice way to celebrate the end of the '08 summer season here in Ibiza. But what started out as a 'little-break' has turned into a monster - but i'm not complaining one bit. It's going to be an amazing chance to meet many of our supporters, who give regularly to our work here. I've only heard about all these lovely, kind and generous people from Brian and Tracy but have yet to meet them myself. When i sit in our centre on these lovely couches, playing the Wii, i'm thinking, 'someone gave all this to us'. It'll also be an opportunity for the 6 of us to hang out, do some shopping, go see James Bond - 'Quantum of Solace' and eat lovely meals.

We'll be doing quite a bit of fund-raising and promotion whilst back in the UK. This trip is a fantastic opportunity to share all that has happened during the summer, and all that God has been doing, not only in our livs but out on the streets. I'm preaching twice, which i'm both dreading but also relishing. I'm preparing all this week for my talks and hope that they'll be inspiring.

I'm really looking forward to visiting Northern Ireland. We've had several teams from there and it's there that i'll be preaching at this youth event called 'Resonate' on Sunday night. I'm very much looking forward to hooking up with many of the folks that came out here for a few weeks on mission. It'll be happy days. I am thinking that a weekend seeing loads of ex-24-7Ibiza mission people wouldn't be the same without a reunion...in a club!!! So i hope we get to go dancing! I won't be taking my short-shorts with me though...too cold!

No comments: