Monday, October 12, 2009

Look how they shine...

WOW! I had to blog right away before going to sleep.

You know i live on a farm in Ibiza that's in the middle of nowhere, right? Well, before I hit the sack tonight, i thought I'd quickly pop up onto the roof to check out the night sky as it looked like it was going to be a clear sky.

Oh. My. Life!

I was not disappointed. I've never seen so many stars on display and to top it off, i saw 2 of the longest and most vivid shooting stars that I've ever seen! They were like rockets in the night sky. When I see the heavens and the stars twinkling, it's hard not to be in awe and wonder at creation, but more than that, at the Creator behind the amazing spectacle before my eyes. I don't stop at thinking how amazing the stars are; I keep going and think how amazing is God who created all that I see. The stars speak of something deeper...

Check out how Psalm 19 begins - how cool. (This is C.S. Lewis' favourite Psalm in the Bible btw).

'The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
There is no speech of language
where their voice is not heard.
Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.'
Psalm 19:1-4

My conclusion tonight: God is awesome and most worthy to be praised!

No comments: